Login

26 May 2017Traffic Management Working Group (TMWG)

TMWG update 26 May 2017.

PRINCIPAL CONTRACT

SOUTH

Society Road

Site crossing controlled by stop / go boards as required.

Occasional overhead works, stop / go boards as required.

A904 / B924

Ongoing completion works on A904 / B924 to construct the newly aligned roads and tie-ins.  Two-way traffic on A904 will be maintained at all times until completion.

B800

North of Ferrymuir roundabout – Minor works to complete footpaths and verges ongoing, some Traffic Management still in place till Summer 2017.

Occasional, night-time – Southbound nearside lane closed for footpath repairs / surfacing works

A90 between Scotstoun and Admiralty

40mph speed limit and temporary average speed cameras in operation both directions. 

A90 Echline to Dalmeny

Occasional single lane closures to complete construction.

A90 / M90 southbound and northbound between Echline  and Scotstoun

Northbound main line traffic on A90/M90 running on new road layout, southbound now running on newly constructed southbound carriageway.

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Lanes 1 and 2 northbound closed for drainage repairs.

NORTH

A90 between Admiralty and Scotstoun

40mph speed limit and temporary average speed cameras in operation both directions.

A90 Northbound and Southbound between Ferrytoll and Admiralty

Ongoing until Spring 2017 major works to construct new A90/M90 route for the Queensferry Crossing.   Northbound and southbound carriageways now switched and operating under narrow lanes.

W/C Monday 29 May 2017, off-peak – Southbound weaving lane closures for ducting / cabling works.

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Weaving Lane and Lane 1 and Ferrytoll off-slip closures southbound for installation of signs on new gantry.

Friday 09, Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs each night – Ferrytoll southbound merge and Lane 1 southbound A90 closed for erection of gantry legs, gantry and ancillaries (Gantry G20).

Occasional night lane closures in each direction for works to facilitate traffic management maintenance as required.

Ferrytoll Gyratory

Traffic now switched to new permanent layout of Ferrytoll Gyratory, traffic management still in place whilst works in area continue.   Pedestrians now diverted under new north underpass.

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Southbound Weaving Lane and Lane 1 and Ferrytoll diverge closures for installation of signs on new gantry.

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Closure of westbound Ferrytoll Gyratory underpass for surfacing works.

Ferrytoll Gyratory northbound diverge (off-slip)

Traffic now switched to new northbound public transport link to join Ferrytoll Gyratory.

Saturday  03 and Sunday 04 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs each night – Ferrytoll Northbound diverge closed for surfacing works, signed diversion in place.

Ferrytoll Gyratory northbound merge (on-slip) to A90

Traffic now switched away from Castlandhill Road and temporary slip to new northbound merge direct from Ferrytoll Gyratory.  Controlled pedestrian crossing in operation.

Ferrytoll Gyratory southbound diverge (off-slip)

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Southbound Weaving Lane and Lane 1 and Ferrytoll diverge closures for installation of signs on new gantry.

Ferrytoll Gyratory southbound merge (on-slip)

Traffic now switched onto new southbound merge.

Saturday  03 and Sunday 04 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs each night – Ferrytoll southbound merge closed for surfacing works, signed diversion in place.

Friday 09, Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs each night – Ferrytoll southbound merge and Lane 1 southbound A90 closed for erection of Gantry G20 and ancillaries.

Footpath between Ferrytoll and Forth Road Bridge on east side of A90 closed to allow construction of new footpath and verges.   Diversions in place for pedestrians and cyclists. 

Castlandhill Road

Occasional stop / go boards in operation for delivery of equipment to site.

As and when required, temporary traffic lights for barrier works.

Ferrytoll Road / King Malcolm Drive

Ongoing until early 2017 – Junction of King Malcolm Drive, Ferrytoll Road and B981 now operating under permanent traffic lights, traffic management still required at east end with Ferrytoll Gyratory.

B981 Hope Street

Major reconstruction works until mid-2017.

New bus operating area now open.   Access and egress from bus operating area and public car park now controlled by permanent traffic lights with some lane restrictions in place. 

Saturday 03 June 2017, 2300hrs to 0500hrs – Closure between Ferrytoll Gyratory and Park and Ride bus entrance to complete surfacing works.

B981 North Queensferry

Temporary Traffic Lights as and when required.

Ongoing until Saturday 27 May 2017 – Temporary traffic lights for landscaping / verge works at Ferrytoll Viaduct.

Non FCBC works

CEC

Ongoing – Burnshot flyover closed over A90.

SISK ROADBRIDGE

M9 J1a

Ongoing – Various lane closures east and westbound for bridge painting and associated works.

AMEY

A90

Occasional nightly contraflows during May 2017,  2000hrs to 0600hrs (0800hrs Sat and Sun) each night – Contraflow on Forth Road Bridge for ongoing bridge works, southbound traffic required to divert via Ferrytoll off and on slip roads to rejoin A90.   Times of operation may alter at weekends – please check Amey / Traffic Scotland information channels to confirm.

M90

Friday 02 June 2017, 2000hrs to 0600hrs – Alternate lane closures on M90 southbound between Scotstoun and Junction 1A for surface repairs.

Please check websites and other media channels.

Further details will be on the Traffic Scotland website  http://trafficscotland.org/plannedroadworks/

24 May 2017Hope Street Closure_030617

 

The Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure Regulations 1992

 

======================================================================

 

Temporary Road Closure
 

 

 

WHERE ?     Hope Street, Inverkeithing. From Ferrytoll Park & Ride to the Ferrytoll Gyratory.

The alternative route for through traffic is via Hope Street, Hill Street and Castlandhill Road.

Access for emergency service vehicles is via the alternative route.

Pedestrian access will be maintained.

 

WHEN ?       From 11pm on Saturday 3rd June until 5am on Sunday 4th June 2017.

 

WHY ?          To allow carriageway surfacing works to be carried out in safety.
 

WHO ?         Forth Crossing Bridge Constructors.

Site Contact:               07946535930

07841958621
 

 

www.fifedirect.org.uk/notices

21 May 2017Current Draft Minutes

North Queensferry Community Council

Draft Minutes of Community Council Meeting on Thursday 11 May 2017

Members Present:  Iain G Mitchell (IGM), Lin Collis (LC), Christina McKenzie (CM), Jim George (JG), Barbara McKechnie(BM), David Shields (DS), Peter Selbie (PS), Sheila Foggon (SF)

Cllr Dave Dempsey (DD), Cllr Alice McGarry (AM), Cllr David Barratt (DB)

Guest:  Craig Bowman (CB) from Network Rail

Members of the Public:  -

Agenda Reference

Description

Action

1. Apologies

Mary Finlayson (MF)

 

2. Minutes of Previous Meeting

Proposed CM, Seconded SF - Approved

 

3. Matters Arising

None arising

 

4. Police Report

Report received and circulated to Members.   Two crimes under investigation for the area. BM will notify SF if deer were involved in recent road traffic incident near Queensferry Hotel.

BM

5. Report from Network Rail on Rail Bridge Developments

CB delivered presentation on the proposed development at South Queensferry (SQ) end of the Forth Bridge.  Presentation previously given to Forth Bridges Forum public meeting and the SQ Community Council. CB demonstrated the continuing interest in a project to allow visitors to view the Forth from the top of the Bridge and how this specific project (www.forthbridgeexperience.com) has been five years in the making.  Network Rail is working with an experienced operator, Urban Adventures (www.urbanadventures.com) to design and plan a leading recreational facility.  Following funding approval, it is hoped to start a 12 week Public Consultation in June 2017 when plans and a 3D tour will be available on a website.  It is hoped that the facility will open in 2020.    CB also reviewed the current status of the earlier planned visitor centre, currently on hold, at the North end of the Bridge.  In addition to source of funding changes, transport issues have not yet been resolved at North Queensferry.  Once there is a viable business operating on the South side, CB believes Network Rail will be in a good position to revisit the project.  In the meantime NQCC should continue to press for refurbishment of the area around the base of the North end of Bridge.  Prior to the Balfour Beatty site, this was a picnic area.  BM to write to Hugh Gillies, Chair of Forth Bridges Forum, Alex Hynes and David Dickson of the Scotrail Alliance re the state of the surround to the Bridge and, raised by CM, the security surrounding the access to the Bridge structures via the recent building of metal staircase to access the maintenance routes of the northern Bridge supports.  CB advised the metal structure could possibly last about 5 years allowing a period of reassessment after the Balfour Beatty contracts finally finish in 2 years.  CM queried if there is still to be Community Payback from this project and CB answered in the affirmative relating to support of Heritage Groups.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BM

 

 

 

6.  Edinburgh Airport flight path consultation

(brought forward on Agenda)

Before CB left the NQCC meeting, IGM asked if Network Rail had commented on the Flight Path Consultation or intended to do so.  CB answered that he believed there was no issue and any comment was unlikely.    IGM sincerely expressed his and NQCC thanks for Bruce Finlayson’s research and support in forming the NQCC response to the Consultation.  IGM reviewed and referred to the content of the final response letter (available on the NQCC website).  JG queried if planes were already lower but this could be because everyone is now more aware.  IGM asked Fife Councillors present at the meeting for update on other Community Council actions.  DB gave example of Dalgety Bay with CC response and local group response.  IGM queried if Fife Council had made comment.  AM confirmed she had been told there would be but Fife Council could not promote one area of Fife over another so comment would be difficult. DD confirmed if the Councillors can locate the response, then it will be shared with NQCC.  Fife Councillors agreed that a response based on flawed consultation process was best approach.  It was agreed that NQCC must stay updated on the process.

 

7. MUGA

CM advised a project group has been formed with members from Fife Council, Community Centre and the Football Club to liaise with Fife Council on the completion of the MUGA.  JG queried which games would be playable (answer included 5-a-side and hockey) and if curling was feasible in winter months.  CM advised that it was not - the MUGA would be a low maintenance, multi use games centre.  Surface is 2G suitable for most sports and training (not competition football)

 

8. Beamer Lighthouse

IGM updated the Fife Councillors on the process and progress so far. Now local elections are finished, a public drop in meeting is anticipated.  IGM will contact Alistair Mutch at Fife Council to verify format.  DS advised more visualisations should be available, agreed, to validate decision.  IGM will follow up with Fife Council.

 

 

IGM

9. Forth Replacement Crossing

Liaison Group: LC advised next meeting 31 May 2017

Celebrations Group:  LC advised meeting on 11 May attended by LC and JG.  No information to be circulated at the moment but plans progressing.

 

10. Tourism Project Group

LC advised Forth Bridges Area Tourism Strategy and Action Plan will be presented on 2 June 2017.  LC believes this should not just be to the Group but also to Com.Council

 

11. Cruik’s Quarry Liaison Group

No update

 

12. Station Steps

SF advised reply from Transport Focus that due to only 4 reported incidents since 2001, no further action is planned.  SF will check for repairs to board already reported.

 

SF

13.  Community Group Updates

Railway Group:  IGM advised coffee roaster installation and reliable opening hours in progress.

Rowing Club:  DS advised that try out for the sport is open to a wider area not just NQ.

 

14. Fife councillors’ reports

IGM repeated welcome to 3 Councillors.  AM advised Fife Council working to complete the administration and DD welcomed NQ to Ward 6.

 

15. Planning Applications

Substation at Battery Road carpark approved so can be completed.  No others need comment.

 

16. Treasurer’s Report

£933.12 in bank with £757.30 set aside of which £498.98 for Floral Enhancement. Christmas fund is at £159 due to large cost of 2016 tree.  CM requested approval for further £159 to Christmas fund – plan is to build up to provide lights in different village areas. Approved. IGM queried any other costs to be submitted for meeting with SQ.  BM advised she donated £6.45 for registered response to Flight Path Consultation.

 

17.  Floral Enhancement

DS queried living tree to replace Christmas tree.  CM recommended focus on lights and traditional tree.  IGM advised no action on living tree at the present time.

 

18. Defibrillator

IGM reviewed options for funding including Rotary and business plan required.  DS advised of J McKenzie advice of Inverkeithing experience.  DS will prepare outline of costs and sources of funding (including contribution from Village Show) for the 3 NQ target locations – Community Centre, West Bay and Station

 

 

DS

19.  Correspondence

BM advised all correspondence circulated and/or posted

 

20. Vacancies for Secretary and Facebook adviser

IGM asked for volunteers and suggestions.  Secretary role has to be resident of village but Facebook/IT ad hoc Member could be elsewhere eg Inverkeithing.  BM agreed to cover June meeting but is unable to carry out role thereafter. 

All

21. Venue for June Meeting

Members had talked of Ferrybridge and Albert but IGM advised Church Hall is available – donation may be appropriate.  It was agreed to use this location.  IGM will confirm with Session Clerk.

 

 

IGM

22. Any other competent business

Coastal Path rerouting: IGM and DS will work on response to letter from Transport Scotland to Annabelle Ewing MP re St Margaret’s Marsh and Admiralty House.  Rerouting reasons not believed valid.

Village Snagging List – LC preparing list.  Walk with Ian Jones, John McQueen, AM and DB.   JG advised of sewage overspill at bottom of Helen Lane.  AM advised contacting Ruaridh Macgregor at Scottish Water.  LC requested that smell from Treatment Works on B981 is also notified to Mr Macgregor.  DS queried source of drainage plan for village? Ian Jones?  PS asked that lack of gulley cleaning in Battery Road be included in Snagging List.  JG queried restricted view with chain link fence and overgrown vegetation on steps from Road Bridge to Community Centre and continuing state of bench.  AM advised JG contact Joan Milne at Fife Council for help of Community Payback team.

CM gave thanks to DD for immediate action on bins at Battery Road.  CM had circulated photographs on morning of 11 May and by late afternoon, the litter and mess had been cleared up.

 

 

 

LC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JG

         

Next Monthly Meeting:  Thursday 8 June 2017,

NB (Change of location due to clash with General Election) Church Hall, Church of Scotland, Ferryhills Road, North Queensferry 7.30pm. 

Residents of North Queensferry are welcome to attend all Monthly Meetings

08 May 2017Edinburgh Airport Consultation

As at 8 May 2017: see www.letsgofurther.com for the proposed flightpath over Inverkeithing to Rosyth.  (Route D) .  The request for response to the Consultation has now closed but if there are incividual incidences of excessive noise, contact details are on the website on the FAQ tab if a member of the public wishes to make a complaint.  

North Queensferry Community Council (NQCC) has made an objection to the Flight Path Consultation.  A councillor represented NQCC at a round table discussion at the Scottish Parliament with other Community Councils on 20 April 2017 prior to the submsission of the Objection.

A copy of the final objection is in the Document Library (Correspondence May 2017).

 

View All Stories