Login

1
www.nqcc.co.uk
North Queensferry Community Council (NQCC)
Draft Minutes of Community Council Meeting: Thursday 8 November 2018
Present: Lin Collis (LC), Jim George (JG), David Shields (DS), Donna Beveridge (DCB), Bruce Finlayson
(BF), Mary Finlayson, Sheila Foggon (SF)
Fife Council (FC) Councillors: Cllr David Barratt (DB), Cllr Dave Coleman (DC), Cllr Dave Dempsey (DD)
Police: PC Jim Bell, PC Richard Duncan Members of Public: Jim West
Agenda
Reference
Description Action
1. Apologies Iain Mitchell (IM), Christina McKenzie (CM), Cllr Alice McGarry (AM)
2. Minutes of
Previous Meeting
Approved with the following adjustments:
5:1 Dome Hawk to be installed at Battery Road Car Park on trial basis,
then moved to Pier Head
6:4 JG to work up a parking layout for large open space area from an
OS plan which Councillor Coleman volunteered to provide.
18 Hound point Terminal – SF will contact Dalgety Bay Council for joint
meeting
JG
SF
3. Matters Arising 18: Fife Pilgrim Way - no response from Miranda regarding next
meeting with local representatives – noted talk on 17th November
18: Virgin Broadband – no progress chase Kevin Hughes
DS
4. Police Report 4 calls since last meeting, no crimes reported.
For a trial period, the barrier at Battery Road will be opened and the
car park closure sign will be covered. Fife Council will co-ordinate gate
opening and liaise with resident key holder.
After discussion it was agreed to deploy the Dome Hawk camera at
Pier Head, as this is the priority. This will then move to Battery Road
Car Park.
Jim George will arrange for laminated CCTV sign to be made and put in
place at Battery Road Car Park.
Next Community Drop in at Dobbies on Thursday. Ask Community
Centre to contact PC Richard Duncan re event in NQ
JG
DS
5. Traffic issues Brock Street Parking issues – Fife Council to engage in public
consultation.
David Shields to send Dave Barratt digital copy of proposed
Community Centre Car Park plan with a view to seeking permission to
paint white lines to improve parking discipline.
DS
6. Vigour Swim
Event
Events licensing update forwarded by Fife Cllr Dave Barrett.
Community Council will review and suggest additional license
conditions.
IM and DS to raise issues with Vigour Events
ALL
IM / DS
7. Edinburgh
Airport Flightpath
Consultation
Rejected by CAA and Edinburgh Airport will submit new application
within existing airspace.
No response to the Call in Request has been received from the
Secretary of State.
Remaining action is to advise the supporting Community Councils.
IM MF
2
www.nqcc.co.uk
8. Albert Hotel No significant update, noted that a premises license has been granted
9. Remembrance
Service
Iain Mitchell will lay the wreath which is with David Shields.
Dave Bonas is organising the Remembrance Service. A second wreath
arrives Friday, to be laid by Royal Marine Reserve Recruit Ben Spong.
10. Fife
Councillors’ Report
DD: Sat Nav – HGV specific Sat Navs should contain information on any
height, weight and length restrictions. Encourage people to contact
vehicle operator if something is out of place. Pavement at Wright’s
now repaired.
DB: The number of recycling points will be formally consulted and
reconfigured by Fife Council. DB will stress NQ needs to retain the
present two locations.
Public toilet – Fife Council continues to seek funding. LC to write to
the press. Draw attention to possibility of restoring public toilets at
Battery Road Bus Stop
No progress on seagull proof bins.
Grit bins – Community Council requested the grit bin on the Brae is
moved from the middle to the bottom of the Brae. Fife Council to
progress.
Snagging List (including setts at War Memorial) – suggestion to ask Ian
Balfour to visit the village and review the snagging list. Request with
Cllr Dave Dempsey to progress.
DC spoke about anti-social behaviour, cars and safer communities. He
suggested we try to do something proactive.
DB
LC
DD
11. Community
Group Updates
Pierhead Park playpark project planning application submitted
Website address to be added to minutes – DS contacting David Neill.
Community Centre / MUGA – performing well. Timer being added to
the lights.
North Queensferry Heritage trust – exhibition is open at the Train
Station daily from 10:00 to 4:00pm subject to volunteers, with guided
walks from the station on Sunday’s in November at 10:00am and
2:00pm. Suggestion this could be advertised in the Dunfermline Press.
Community Centre – Suggestion to seek financial contribution to the
proposed white line parking space painting from the Community.
North Queensferry Community Trust – pier repairs now underway.
DS
12. Treasures
report – procedure
Best wishes to Christina who is unwell & in hospital.
3
www.nqcc.co.uk
to disbursement of
£500 grant
Suggestion to use the Accountant in Dunfermline being used by other
groups in the village. Action – discuss with Iain Mitchell.
£500 disbursement from Fife Council – discussion on how to use the
funds
IM
13. Floral
Enhancement
Floral enhancement grant application has been submitted.
Funding request for the village Christmas tree has been submitted. The
Christmas Tree is ordered and due for delivery & installation at the end
November. The lights will be added first weekend in December.
Suggestion to raise a project to obtain lights for the top of the village,
Wrights has agreed for use of power. MF / DCB to investigate. Formal
request raised for allocation of a portion of the £500 disbursement to
be considered.
Jim West offered 2 set of rope lights available for use, suggestion for
these to go up at the station.
MF
DCB
14. Village
defibrillators,
update
Battery Road – Deep Sea World is purchasing directly. The Committee
agreed for SF to purchase the cabinet and invoice Deep Sea World.
An electrician is required to sign off installation of the defibrillator
installation at the bus stop.
An article will be written for the next Ferry News, closing date is Friday
11th January.
15. Planning
applications
None this month
16.
Correspondence
SF has written to Alex Hynes thanking him for arranging the erection of
handrail at the station.
Matter of no yellow zig zags outside school – police can contact the
school & suggest incentives to reduce the number of cars transporting
children to school.
Concern raised about speed of traffic in pathway on route to
Community Centre & MUGA.
Forms for volunteers to man speed cameras, in groups of 3 –
Speedwatch will be reinitiated in spring
Hound Point – Dalgety Bay meeting held this week, intention to hold a
joint meeting with Dalgety Bay and NQ Community Council with regard
to the smell from Hound Point. SEPA has been contacted.
Sewage Treatment Plant (next to B981): SF met Damian Walls of SEPA
who indicated the treatment plant is out of date. It is the
responsibility of Scottish Water to upgrade. Agreement for
Community Council to write to the Chief Executive of Fife Council and
Chief Operating Officer at Scottish Water to raise concerns.
SF
SF
4
www.nqcc.co.uk
The sequence of traffic lights leaving the village appears to have
changed causing delays – Lin Collis to contact Amey to discuss
LC
18. Any other
competent
business
Next NQCC meeting: 7.30pm Thursday, 13th December 2018, at North
Queensferry Community Centre. Members of the public are very
welcome to attend.

10 January 2019Current Draft Minutes

North Queensferry Community Council (NQCC)

Draft Minutes of Community Council Meeting: Thursday 10th January 2019

Present: Iain Mitchell (IM), Lin Collis (LC), Jim George (JG), Donna Beveridge (DCB),  David Shields (DS), Sheila Foggon (SF), PC Jim Bell (JB)

Fife Council (FC) Councillors: Cllr David Barratt (DB), Cllr Dave Dempsey (DD) Police PC Jim Bell (JB)

Members of Public:  

   Agenda Reference

Description

Action

1. Apologies

Bruce Finlayson (BF), Mary Finlayson (MF), Cllr Dave Coleman (DC), Cllr Alice McGarry (AM)

 

2. Minutes of Previous Meeting

Approved

 

3. Matters Arising

None

 

 

4. Police Report

10 calls since last meeting, (9 last month) 1 crime recorded – theft of fishing boat and trailer.  Katie Blackwell is new Community Police Sergeant.

The Domehawk camera deployed at Pierhead it is in deterrent mode.  The Police review only if there is an incident so it is important for residents to call.

Action for Fife Council to request Signage warning of deer

 

 

 

 

 

 

DD

5. Edinburgh Airport Flight path Consultation

BF/MF reported that a study commissioned by Edinburgh Airport Noise Advisory Board confirmed the Boards earlier contention that the information supplied to communities on noise was not representative of the actual noise.

The Board will be insisting that any future application is based on actual noise levels and the way aircraft actually fly in and out of Edinburgh.

Now that this work is complete we will draft the letters to other communities and representatives as discussed at December’s meeting.

 

 

6. Albert Hotel

 

No change in status, Hotel remains closed and windows boarded.

Letter to be raised to License Holder via Solicitor enquiring as to intention for Hotel to reopen.

IM

 

7. Coastal Path

Rubbish has been dumped alongside the path at Cruickness - LC in contact with Fife and Countryside Trust to identify the landowner.

 

A number of sites have been created with ashes scattered and artificial flowers – LC investigating with Fife Coast and Countryside Trust

 

St Margaret’s Marsh.  There has been no management meeting for some time, DS to contact and chase for next meeting to be arranged.  NQCC proposes that the marsh is formally opened to the public, (there is an insurance issue as the new bridge works are going on).    Also to pursue diversion of the coastal path off the B981 and around the headland.

 

LC

 

 

LC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DS

8.  Public Convenience in North Queensferry

Article submitted to the press for publication.

Fife Council continue to search for funds.

 

 

9. Battery Road Car Park

Emails from resident raising concern about 24 hour opening but amenable to extended opening.  IM to respond and follow up before next Community Council meeting.

 

IM

10. Smells emitting from Hound Point

Next step is Dalgety Bay Community Council update following the meeting with SEPA.  Sheila Foggon is NQCC representative and will attend.

 

 

SF

11. Fife Councillors’ Report

 

Cllr Dave Dempsey update:

  • Area committee approved transportation works programme for the coming year.In North Queensferry the steep section of Ferryhills Road will be resurfaced.
  • 10am Tuesday 15th - Iain Balfour will meet in Battery Road Car Park to carry out village walk about.
  • Action carried forward to meet with Jim West

Cllr David Barrett update:

  • River Taxi study – first interim report is complete, highlighting North Queensferry as a key location.
  • No firm update on seagull proof bins, Cllr David Barrett continues to progress
  • Fife Council unwilling to install 20 mph repeat signage
  • Crack in the kerb outside the shop will be checked during the walk about
  • Action carried forward for Cllr Dave Coleman to provide Ordnance Survey map of Brock Street

 

 

 

12. Community Group updates

Community Centre.  Contacting Fife Council to establish whether funds are available to improve parking.

Community Trust / West Bay Users Group. Progress is being made with new toilet at West Bay / Marina.

Heritage Trust.  Pilgrim Way group willing to update existing information panel  at Pierhead, but original artwork cannot be found.  Intended to be mounted on rear of the new Pilgrim Way interpretation panel.

 

DS

13. Finance and disbursement of £500 grant

New cheque book required – IM to request from Bank

Second signatory required for the account – LC agreed to be second signatory.  IM to organise.

LC to provide copy of most recent Bank Statement.

 

£500 grant – No requests made to date – a repeat call for requests will be in Ferry News.  In the interim decision taken to allocate the cash to marking parking spaces at Community Council as this is of benefit to the entire community.  The Community Centre is to submit application with costings and this is dependent on consensus being made.  Any surplus to be allocated.

 

 

IM

LC

 

 

 

14.  Floral Enhancement

 

Files have been passed to DS.  Extra tub at Pierhead provided by Heritage Trust.  This can be moved to another more appropriate site in the village – suggestion is Inchcolm.

 

15. Village defibrillators, update 1

Defibrillator and case has arrived, to be erected at the Bus Stop.

SF to arrange training from David Booth at First Responders.

An article will be submitted to Ferry News detailing.

 

SF

16. Planning applications

1 submitted - 21 Carlingnose Way.

 

17.  Correspondence

Annabelle Ewing MSP – regarding marine debris at Cults Ness and Limekilns / Forth in general.

Pierhead resident re Pierhead issues - circulated

 

18. Any other competent business

Fly tipping on Ferryhills Road and on private land at Northcliffe. DS in contact with Railtrack / Broomhall Estate  

 

Suggestion to buy a star for the Christmas tree ahead of Christmas 2019

 

DS

 

 

 

Next NQCC meeting:  7.30pm Thursday, 14th February, at North Queensferry Community Centre.  Members of the public are very welcome to attend.

 

 

 

 

View All Stories

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy