Login

1
www.nqcc.co.uk
North Queensferry Community Council (NQCC)
Draft Minutes of Community Council Meeting: Thursday 8 November 2018
Present: Lin Collis (LC), Jim George (JG), David Shields (DS), Donna Beveridge (DCB), Bruce Finlayson
(BF), Mary Finlayson, Sheila Foggon (SF)
Fife Council (FC) Councillors: Cllr David Barratt (DB), Cllr Dave Coleman (DC), Cllr Dave Dempsey (DD)
Police: PC Jim Bell, PC Richard Duncan Members of Public: Jim West
Agenda
Reference
Description Action
1. Apologies Iain Mitchell (IM), Christina McKenzie (CM), Cllr Alice McGarry (AM)
2. Minutes of
Previous Meeting
Approved with the following adjustments:
5:1 Dome Hawk to be installed at Battery Road Car Park on trial basis,
then moved to Pier Head
6:4 JG to work up a parking layout for large open space area from an
OS plan which Councillor Coleman volunteered to provide.
18 Hound point Terminal – SF will contact Dalgety Bay Council for joint
meeting
JG
SF
3. Matters Arising 18: Fife Pilgrim Way - no response from Miranda regarding next
meeting with local representatives – noted talk on 17th November
18: Virgin Broadband – no progress chase Kevin Hughes
DS
4. Police Report 4 calls since last meeting, no crimes reported.
For a trial period, the barrier at Battery Road will be opened and the
car park closure sign will be covered. Fife Council will co-ordinate gate
opening and liaise with resident key holder.
After discussion it was agreed to deploy the Dome Hawk camera at
Pier Head, as this is the priority. This will then move to Battery Road
Car Park.
Jim George will arrange for laminated CCTV sign to be made and put in
place at Battery Road Car Park.
Next Community Drop in at Dobbies on Thursday. Ask Community
Centre to contact PC Richard Duncan re event in NQ
JG
DS
5. Traffic issues Brock Street Parking issues – Fife Council to engage in public
consultation.
David Shields to send Dave Barratt digital copy of proposed
Community Centre Car Park plan with a view to seeking permission to
paint white lines to improve parking discipline.
DS
6. Vigour Swim
Event
Events licensing update forwarded by Fife Cllr Dave Barrett.
Community Council will review and suggest additional license
conditions.
IM and DS to raise issues with Vigour Events
ALL
IM / DS
7. Edinburgh
Airport Flightpath
Consultation
Rejected by CAA and Edinburgh Airport will submit new application
within existing airspace.
No response to the Call in Request has been received from the
Secretary of State.
Remaining action is to advise the supporting Community Councils.
IM MF
2
www.nqcc.co.uk
8. Albert Hotel No significant update, noted that a premises license has been granted
9. Remembrance
Service
Iain Mitchell will lay the wreath which is with David Shields.
Dave Bonas is organising the Remembrance Service. A second wreath
arrives Friday, to be laid by Royal Marine Reserve Recruit Ben Spong.
10. Fife
Councillors’ Report
DD: Sat Nav – HGV specific Sat Navs should contain information on any
height, weight and length restrictions. Encourage people to contact
vehicle operator if something is out of place. Pavement at Wright’s
now repaired.
DB: The number of recycling points will be formally consulted and
reconfigured by Fife Council. DB will stress NQ needs to retain the
present two locations.
Public toilet – Fife Council continues to seek funding. LC to write to
the press. Draw attention to possibility of restoring public toilets at
Battery Road Bus Stop
No progress on seagull proof bins.
Grit bins – Community Council requested the grit bin on the Brae is
moved from the middle to the bottom of the Brae. Fife Council to
progress.
Snagging List (including setts at War Memorial) – suggestion to ask Ian
Balfour to visit the village and review the snagging list. Request with
Cllr Dave Dempsey to progress.
DC spoke about anti-social behaviour, cars and safer communities. He
suggested we try to do something proactive.
DB
LC
DD
11. Community
Group Updates
Pierhead Park playpark project planning application submitted
Website address to be added to minutes – DS contacting David Neill.
Community Centre / MUGA – performing well. Timer being added to
the lights.
North Queensferry Heritage trust – exhibition is open at the Train
Station daily from 10:00 to 4:00pm subject to volunteers, with guided
walks from the station on Sunday’s in November at 10:00am and
2:00pm. Suggestion this could be advertised in the Dunfermline Press.
Community Centre – Suggestion to seek financial contribution to the
proposed white line parking space painting from the Community.
North Queensferry Community Trust – pier repairs now underway.
DS
12. Treasures
report – procedure
Best wishes to Christina who is unwell & in hospital.
3
www.nqcc.co.uk
to disbursement of
£500 grant
Suggestion to use the Accountant in Dunfermline being used by other
groups in the village. Action – discuss with Iain Mitchell.
£500 disbursement from Fife Council – discussion on how to use the
funds
IM
13. Floral
Enhancement
Floral enhancement grant application has been submitted.
Funding request for the village Christmas tree has been submitted. The
Christmas Tree is ordered and due for delivery & installation at the end
November. The lights will be added first weekend in December.
Suggestion to raise a project to obtain lights for the top of the village,
Wrights has agreed for use of power. MF / DCB to investigate. Formal
request raised for allocation of a portion of the £500 disbursement to
be considered.
Jim West offered 2 set of rope lights available for use, suggestion for
these to go up at the station.
MF
DCB
14. Village
defibrillators,
update
Battery Road – Deep Sea World is purchasing directly. The Committee
agreed for SF to purchase the cabinet and invoice Deep Sea World.
An electrician is required to sign off installation of the defibrillator
installation at the bus stop.
An article will be written for the next Ferry News, closing date is Friday
11th January.
15. Planning
applications
None this month
16.
Correspondence
SF has written to Alex Hynes thanking him for arranging the erection of
handrail at the station.
Matter of no yellow zig zags outside school – police can contact the
school & suggest incentives to reduce the number of cars transporting
children to school.
Concern raised about speed of traffic in pathway on route to
Community Centre & MUGA.
Forms for volunteers to man speed cameras, in groups of 3 –
Speedwatch will be reinitiated in spring
Hound Point – Dalgety Bay meeting held this week, intention to hold a
joint meeting with Dalgety Bay and NQ Community Council with regard
to the smell from Hound Point. SEPA has been contacted.
Sewage Treatment Plant (next to B981): SF met Damian Walls of SEPA
who indicated the treatment plant is out of date. It is the
responsibility of Scottish Water to upgrade. Agreement for
Community Council to write to the Chief Executive of Fife Council and
Chief Operating Officer at Scottish Water to raise concerns.
SF
SF
4
www.nqcc.co.uk
The sequence of traffic lights leaving the village appears to have
changed causing delays – Lin Collis to contact Amey to discuss
LC
18. Any other
competent
business
Next NQCC meeting: 7.30pm Thursday, 13th December 2018, at North
Queensferry Community Centre. Members of the public are very
welcome to attend.

10 January 2019Current Police Report

North Queensferry Community Council Meeting

 Thursday 10th January 2019

 

 

LOCAL POLICING PLAN 2017 - 2020

 

The plan outlines our Policing Priorities over the next three years and details how we will deliver them with a view to “Keeping the Kingdom Safe”. The plan looks to deliver on what you, the people of Fife, have told us you want us to focus on. On this basis, we have developed five Local Policing Priorities, which are:

 

  • OPERATION PREVAIL: Anti-Social Behaviour
  • OPERATION PROSPECT: Substance Misuse
  • OPERATION PRINCIPLE: Acquisitive Crime
  • OPERATION PATH: Violent Crime
  • OPERATION PARAMOUNT: Road Safety

 

In addition to these priorities and operations, we cannot lose sight of other national issues and priorities. These include a focus on Serious and Organised Crime, our on-going response to the threat from Terrorism in Scotland and protecting those in our community who are at risk of harm particularly as they travel from place to place and/or attend events. To this end, our Fife Operations Planning Team work closely with Fife Council, event organisers and other emergency services to ensure events in Fife are safe and enjoyable.

 

The full Policing Plan can be found at

 

http://www.scotland.police.uk/assets/pdf/392813/392817/fife-local-policing-plan-2017-2020?view=Standard   

 

 

CALLS AND CRIMES REPORTED

 

Between the 20th of December 2018 and the 10th January 2019, a total of 10 calls were recorded by Police Scotland in relation to the North Queensferry area (9 in last period). Calls to the Forth Bridges have been excluded as requested.

 

During the same period, 1 crime was recorded for the area, which related to a theft of a small boat and trailer from the Battery Road area, between 05/01/19 and 07/01/19. Enquiries are ongoing and are at an early stage at this time. Any information, please phone 101 and quote reference 1439 of 7th January 2019.

 

 

INCIDENTS OF NOTE

 

Theft of boat, as above.

 

 

PUBLIC CONSULTATION SURVEY

 

This survey helps us to identify local Policing priorities and should only take a few minutes to complete. The survey can be found at:

 

www.scotland.police.uk/yourviewcounts

 

 

COMMUNITY SPEEDWATCH


We are still looking for volunteers to assist with the Community Speedwatch initiative, where residents can help to reduce speed in their local area.


If anyone would like to take part in the initiative then please pass your contact details on to the Community Council, who can then pass them on to Community Officers.

 

Speedwatch deployments do not take place over the winter months but will be up and running again in Spring 2019. Details of volunteers can still be submitted.

 

 

COMMUNITY DROP-IN

 

These monthly visits to Dobbies in Dalgety Bay have been well received by members of the public and will continue in 2019. The next drop in meeting is from 10am to 12pm on Friday 25th January.

 

STAFFING CHANGES

 

Sergeant Kenny Bow has now left his post as Community Sergeant to work in a different role for several months. PS Kate Blackwell (once a community officer in this area) is now the Community Sergeant for the foreseeable.

 

REMINDER

 

All crime/incidents should be reported by telephone, as soon as possible, on the following numbers:

 

 

 

PC Richard Duncan and PC Jim Bell are the Community Officers for Dalgety Bay, Hillend, Aberdour, Inverkeithing and North Queensferry.

 

The public counter at Dalgety Bay Police Station is usually open Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm (closed between 12.30pm and 1.30pm). Unfortunately, this can sometimes change at short notice. 

 

Incidents can be reported anonymously to the charity “Crime Stoppers” by dialling 0800 555 111.

 

All notable crimes/incidents are publicised via Twitter, Facebook and the Police Scotland website.

 

 

Website: www.scotland.police.uk *
Twitter: @policescotland *

Local Twitter: @SWFifePolice *
Facebook: www.facebook.com/policescotland *

*(not monitored 24/7 and not for reporting crime)

 

 

CONTACT DETAILS

 

Inspector Stephen Kay

Stephen.Kay@Scotland.pnn.police.uk*

01383 318911*

Sergeant Katie Blackwell

Katie.Blackwell@Scotland.pnn.police.uk*

01383 318920*

PC Richard Duncan

Richard.Duncan@scotland.pnn.police.uk*

-

PC James Bell

James.Bell2@scotland.pnn.police.uk*

-

 

*not monitored 24/7 and not for reporting crime

 

View All Stories

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement